Easter Geraniums and a Repurposed Romper

This year, my sewing for Easter a couple weeks ago was a bit less time-consuming, as my girls’ dresses were actually sewn last summer for our maternity/family photo shoot.  I’m so glad they still fit!  My little ladies are growing like weeds, particularly C, and nearly all of her dresses from last year are fitting more like tunics, if they even still fit under the arms at all.

These are yet again the fabulous Geranium Dress pattern by Made by Rae, with the cap sleeve option and pleated skirt.  I believe these were both size 4T, but since I’m not so great at actually labeling sizes of what I sew for the kiddos, well I’m just going off of foggy late-pregnancy memories of last summer sewing.  The coordinating prints on these are Moda Vintage Modern with the bodice lining in Confetti Dots by Dear Stella.

 

 

 

 

For baby boy’s first Easter, I made this adorable romper using one of my husband’s old dress shirts that I saved from the Goodwill pile, and a solid Kona cotton for the facing.  I used Simplicity 3808 (which I’ve been holding on to for ages!) and left off the front pocket, and while I’m not much of a fan anymore of commercial patterns, I was pleasantly surprised with this straightforward and speedy sew.  I also really like the snap tape for the inseam closure, even though my adjustable zipper foot and I have a bit of a love-hate relationship (read: it gets the job done well but I nearly sew through my finger every.single.time I use it).  The dress shirt used for this is a Brooks Brothers non-iron, and while the wrinkle-free aspect of it is convenient, it wouldn’t hold a pressed edge for anything.  A small hiccup to deal with for a meaningful ‘first’ for the boy.

 

 

 

Advertisements